Sunday, February 28, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day and Chinese New Year

So today we celebrated both Valentine's Day and the Chinese New Year. John had to work so Em and I went to her daycare's carnival. It was small but Em had a great time. Her preschool teachers had a small open house and Em showed me around the room a bit. When we were done we went to Main Moon to celebrate the New Year. It was funny because when we walked in the owner said, "Happy Valentine's Day" to Em and she said, "Well Happy Chinese New Year to you!"Em and I baked heart shaped cookies in the morning for John. I hate cut outs. They are such a pain but Em had fun helping and John always likes them so I'm sure we'll make it a yearly thing.
For dinner John and I stayed home and celebrated with Em. I ordered a heart shaped pizza from Rocky's and we exchanged our cards. Em loved the new book we got her, Goldalicious. To my surprise John had gotten me an awesome and beautiful gift. We haven't really exchanged Valentine gifts in years so this was so unexpected. He wanted to get a mom's necklace but really didn't like what he saw anywhere so he had gotten a beautiful heart pendant that was all diamonds and had the kids birthstones sodered into the middle. I absolutely love it! It meant so much that he took the time to come up with it and to hear he had gotten it over a month ago. Thanks hun :) Love you!

No comments: