Sunday, February 7, 2010

Date with Daddy

I had planned a special surprise for Em and I months ago. I had heard that the Disney Princesses on Ice show was coming to Milwaukee and was able to get tickets before they went on sale to the public. I had gotten awesome seats without spending the $60 to sit in the first level. Our seats were the second level, first row! It would be a clear view for a 1/3 the cost! I have been keeping it a secret and wasn't going to tell her until we arrived at the venue. Well, my surprise didn't go as planned. I ended up waking up early Saturday morning as sick as can be. I could barely move. So Daddy came to the rescue. My Mommy Daughter Day turned into a Date with Daddy. As he told others, "he took one for the team." (seeing as he made it clear when I first wanted to buy the tickets that there was NO WAY he was going)
Well they went and Em had so much to tell me about when she got home. She had a blast and was very surprised when she got there. John said it wasn't as bad as he thought it was going to be either, so that's a plus. ;) I loved how sympathetic she was that I wasn't able to go. She told me, "Well mom, maybe next time they come you will feel better and we can go together." I just love my little girl.
These were the best pics he could get of her. Notice she still doesn't smile on command, or look at the camera for that matter!

No comments: