Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas Party



This weekend we went to RFC's Christmas Party. This year it was Breakfast with Santa. If you ask Em, she could have done without Santa. She was fine until he walked in. Then she wouldn't let here eyes off of him, and I don't mean in a good way. She was terrified. We sat at a table in the front hoping that by seeing other kids going up there by him and getting presents that she would want to too. It took her a while but she wanted a present so her and I went and waited in line. She seemed fine until it was our turn. That's when she lost it. She wanted nothing to do with him. She had her arms wrapped around my neck and her legs twisted around my waist. Oh, and the scream that came out of her mouth, I'm sure she stopped everyone in their tracks! She told Santa to give me her present while crying. I asked her what should she say, and she thanked him, still crying. Then we turn to go. We weren't even off of the stage yet and the crying stopped. She had a huge smile on her face and with excitement she says "Santa gave me a present and candy cane mama!"

No comments: