Friday, November 27, 2009

Our Lil' Ballerina


So last Saturday was parent observation at Em's dance class. It's special because we actually get to go in the room and see and hear about what they've been working on instead of just watching through the two way mirror from out in the hall. I am so amazed at everything she's learned since she started this past summer. She knows the terms along with each position and does the moves with such ease and grace. She listens to her teacher and is really gaining so much at just 3 years of age. One thing that I continue to see each week is her passive attitude when it comes to others in the class who are not as friendly as she is. Unlike most children her age, Em does not care if she's first in line. There's one girl in particular who will go right in front of her and Em will just scoot back a bit. In a way I'm glad she's not throwing a fit but on the other hand I wish she'd tell the girl to get to the end! Now don't get me wrong, Em can hold her own and will usually voice her opinion if she doesn't like something, so I know she's not a pushover. This just must not matter to her, so why does it bug me so much?!

1 comment: