Sunday, September 21, 2008

Here We Are






Ok, so we’re not really all that Krazy. But I’ve been wanting to get a blog up and running and decided to stop struggling to come up with a clever name. And yes, I know its spelled wrong John but it looked good with our last name! So here we are,The Krazy Kildahl’s.

It’s September and with that comes the start of a new school year for me and back to the sitter for Em. But before we go there, I wanted to take a look back at some of the fun we’ve had this summer……

We went on our 1st camping trip as a family in June. Actually it the first for John and I together. I still can’t believe that he agreed to go. Thanks goes out to our friends for convincing him it would be fun! We went up to the Peninsula State Park in Door Co. for 4days/3nights. Staying in a state park was a 1st for me too. As a kid we always went to the luxury campgrounds like Jellystone which offered all the amenities. Never had I stayed at a site the had no grass, not even as a Girl Scout. But we made the best of it and all the dirt/mud that came with it.

We had a blast! I still can’t believe that Em was able to sleep all night and take naps in the tent! She had so much fun hangin out with our “extended family” as I like to call them. They are all too good to her! (Especially her “uncle” Steve!)

One of the things on our “to do list” while camping was to bike the trails. It was a good thing the park rented out bikes because for one thing we would have had no place to put them to get them there and for a second, yeah, neither of us owned a bike let alone a trailer for Em. We made it a whole 4 minutes on the bike and Emily was having a nervous meltdown. So John and I started riding back while our friends Steve and Sara continued on the trail. I finally convinced John to just catch up to them and do the trails, that there was no reason for both of us to skip it. So we switched the bike trailer onto my bike and Em and I gave it another try. It didn’t take me long to figure out that the only thing she didn’t like about biking was the rough trails. As long as she was on paved ground she did fine. By the end of our 2 hours she was worn out from all fun. John was worn out too……He never ended up catching up to our friends. Instead he took the trail by himself and ended up on the opposite side of the park, which was about 4.5 miles away. We figure he must have biked over 10 miles that day and let me tell you, we were all resting well that night! Needless to say, we came home and bought bikes and a trailer and have been riding all summer!

No comments: